long formulas needs shortened to assign a names

Mystix

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a couple long formulas I need to shorten to be able to assign them to names. This is an extension of my previous post - Named formula needs to reference any tab and not just the one it was created on

I was able to figure out how to get the formulas to not change regardless of the tab they're on and was able to assign names to most of the formulas I created for easier replicating when new checks are issued. The following 2 formulas are too long to assign them to a name so I'm hoping someone can help me shorten or cancat them so they still retain the same functionality. They work like the other one in the previous post and pull info from the current tab only.

This formula when spilled pulls the amounts of the jobs paid on that check and stops when there are no more entries.

=IF(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$"&COUNTA(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$50"))-4)<>"",VALUE(TEXT(INDEX(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$"&COUNTA(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$50"))-3),MATCH("Check Amount",INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$"&COUNTA(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$50"))-4),0)+ROW(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$"&COUNTA(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$50"))-4))),"$##0.00")),)

This formula allows spills of the customer names and workers, and stops when there are no more entries on the check. It's has to be different form the above one because I need it to cross columns and pull information, and there are a couple columns in between the job amount and the customer on the checks and that's information I don't need for the formula.

=IF(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$"&COUNTA(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$50"))-4)<>"",INDEX(INDIRECT(MID("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ",COLUMN(),1)&"$1:"&MID("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ",COLUMN(),1)&"$"&COUNTA(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$50"))-3),MATCH("Check Amount",INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$"&COUNTA(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$50"))-4),0)+ROW(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$"&COUNTA(INDIRECT("$H$1:$H$50"))-4))),)

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back