Lookup Function and Blank Lines Question

muchtoofine412

I am having troubles with my =Vlookup function.. I am using for horse racing, as an entry form. I am wanting there to be a main entry page, and then from there, it sorts all of the horse/riders into their appropriate class.

I have about 10 different pages to my workbook. The first page, is the main page where I enter all of my information. From this page, I put down the Rider, Horse and what class they want to ride in. Each class has its own sheet. I used the Lookup function to transfer each rider/horse combination to the appropriate class page.

The problem I am having is that when I pull the people to the class sheets using the VLOOKUP function, it is also pulling the blank lines, which makes it hard to see when trying to record times at the races. Is there a conditional function that I can use to pull the correct information to the sheets and also not include the blank lines?

Another question I have:
Riders have the option of "rolling" their time from one class to the next. This means that they can run once and have that time count for multiple classes. Is there a way to get a function to transfer those times to the appropriate sheets?

Thank you so so so much in advance, I am stumped!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Any chance of showing the lookupformulas you use?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back