LOOKUP Function Problem

Fer1923

First time posting in here so if I make an error, please advise me of it. I have a workbook with several sheets. On one sheet, I have a drop down list that is using data validation from another sheet. When I select an option from the dropdown, I want another cell to automatically generate a subsequent value. But these values are listed within the initial workbook on another sheet. So I currently have LOOKUP($G$1,Bases!Q3:AO3,Bases!Q2:AO2) as my formula. Now my problem is...the values work and display the correct data up until the 14 cell on the look up. then the data displayed starts jumping around to different cells. i.e. if Q3=1 and Q2=1a etc. I get the correct crossover until I get to AD-AH (which would be 14) there I get 23a as a result, then 6a for 2 cells, then 4a, and on and on.

So what do I need to do to make this read all of the lookup values and corresponding cells properly? I have tried making this an array function but that did not help! Does anyone know what may be happening? All of my lookup values are completely different so it can't be that it is reading it wrong(?)

Any help is appreciated!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Not sure this is the issue, but for LOOKUP to work the data you are looking up (Bases!Q3:AO3) must be in ascending order. If it's not take a look at HLOOKUP or INDEX / MATCH.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the forum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back