Lookup sheet name with data

Kabous07

Good day.

I have a data base of orders and order numbers. I created a sheet with a specific order number, lets say AER1, so this will be the sheet now. Now obviously will there be allot of these sheets, let say from AER1 to AER500(500 sheets). And under every sheet there is specific site details. Like the model I order, client name, site name, date of order, date of delivery, yada yada.

How is it possible for me to search for the specific sheet, let say sheet AER431, without having to with those arrows from right to left?

Or even better. But only if it is possible. Maybe you can suggest something else.

Is it possible to insert AER431 in a cell, into lets say a specific cell of a specific sheet for searching and showing details. Like a summary of AER431. Once I have inserted the AER431 in the cell it will give all the details in this summary sheet of AER431. In the summary sheet I can edit the data, like the date of delivery. Then if I update this data in the summary it automatically updates it in that sheet?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back