paper
roki
3chair
sumon
4table
devit

<tbody>
</tbody>

plz help if i right devit, box column, the box automatic coming to list column, if i write roki paper will go to list column, below sumon, devit also same formula. i want to use formula in box cell. how i solve this problem? Thanks advance.

Odesi, Post #2 is the solution as per your description given in post #1 . If you are facing any problem see the post requirement in post #9 .

Without any proper information/expected result we'll unable to reply you.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
kindly see my yesterday last post

Please stick to this, your original thread.

i think i can not explain it properly.

The formula that has been suggested does what you are asking for so if it "isn't working" for you then you need to help us to diagnose why by responding to the questions already asked, namely:

- Does the formula return an error? if so, what is the error?
- Does the formula return the wrong results? If so, what results does it return?
- Something else? If so, what are the details?

- Are the empty cells in B2:F5 really empty or do they contain formula that returns a zero length string, i.e. a ""

Upvote 0
yes i want the empty cells in B2:F5 really empty. when i write in c column something the name " box" top of c column will go B2 column just same row. d, f column also same work.

Upvote 0
You have been offered a suggestion that apparently "does not work" - please, try and take the time to describe exactly in what way it does not work.

So, again...

- Does the formula return an error? if so, what is the error?
- Does the formula return the wrong results? If so, what results does it return?
- Something else? If so, what are the details?

Upvote 0
The formula return not an error.But the formula return the wrong results .that means results return 0 .
I want The name " box" who is located top of c column will go B2 column just same row. d, f column also same work.

Upvote 0
the formula return the wrong results .that means results return 0

Hi, that would suggest that the cell in the matching header row is blank.

What is the range of cells that contain your header values? What is the first row's range of cells that contain your text? Can you post the exact formula that you tried?

Upvote 0
ok i will post the exact formula. i will try describe details . plz kindly try to solve my problem .

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgro123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back