Looping through several worksheets and certain ranges in those worksheets

Madmanz

Alright, I am making a to do list that is pretty automated that will add sheets and delete sheets as the days move forward (Dates in the past will be saved to a folder and deleted, current/future dates will remain).

This is the bit of code i'm having a lot of trouble with. The main functionality that i'm after is to loop through all sheets that are named as being in the past (Dec 12 2017, Dec 11 2017, etc) and if 'true' then loops through those specified cells and copy all the jobs that are incomplete and paste them into Today's sheet, and repeat loop if there's another sheet who's condition is 'true'.

I've nearly got it working, but am having issues with referring to Ranges on the sheets that are being looped through (Currently it will only loop through the cells on the active sheet)

I've been stuck on this for quite some time and was hoping for some help here, thank you.

Code:
    Dim ws As Worksheet    
    Dim rCell As Range
    Dim rRng As Range

Dim CurrentDate As String

CurrentDate = Format(Now, "d mmm yyyy")

Set rRng = Range("C5:C58")

For Each ws In Worksheets           'loops through worksheets that are in the past (yesterday, etc)
    If ws.Range("ab1") < Now - 1 Then   'cell "ab1" has a formula that calculates todays date as the current sheet
                                        'and if "ab1" is less then Todays date (yesterday) then start the Range loop
        For Each rCell In rRng.Cells
        If rCell <> "" And rCell.Offset(0, -1).Value = "o" Then 'finds all jobs that havent been completed on the sheet
            Sheets(CurrentDate).Unprotect                       'by looping through all the specified cells and only copy those cells

rCell.Resize(1, 5).Copy  'copy the incompleted jobs
            Sheets(CurrentDate).Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats 'paste incomplete jobs
                                                                                                                       'from yesterday to current day
            Sheets(CurrentDate).Protect
        End If
        Next rCell

End If
    Next ws

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Well, I found the problem, the part highlighted in bold (kept placing it in the wrong parts of my code.)

Couldn't find anything out there that loops through worksheets and then their specified ranges in a nested loop, so here it is.
Rich (BB code):
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Dim ws As Worksheet

Dim rCell As Range
    Dim rRng As Range

Dim CurrentDate As String

CurrentDate = Format(Now, "d mmm yyyy")

On Error Resume Next
    For Each ws In Worksheets

If ws.Range("ab1") < Now - 1 And ws.Name <> "Sheet1" Then 'cell ab1 resembles the date
    Set rRng = ws.Range("C5:C58")
        For Each rCell In rRng.Cells

If rCell <> "" And rCell.Offset(0, -1).Value = "o" Then   ' "o" resembles a check mark and finds all jobs that havent been completed on the sheet
                Sheets(CurrentDate).Unprotect
                rCell.Resize(1, 5).Copy 'Destination:=Sheets(CurrentDate).Range("C5:g5")  'tranfers the unfinished jobs to todays day
                Sheets(CurrentDate).Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats

Sheets(CurrentDate).Protect

End If
        Next rCell

If ws.Range("ab1") < Now - 1 And ws.Name <> "Sheet1" Then
            ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\" & ws.Name & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlNormal
            ws.Delete
        End If
    End If
    Next ws
    On Error GoTo -1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatGuyCap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back