Macro issue - Loops back to start and crashes Excel

Dingolicious

Hello everybody,Sorry if this is a little vague, I can't post the macro or the sheet as it's confidential data. One of our departments uses a macro to get data from about 20 different workbooks and paste them into a dashboard and run some calculations on the data to produce some stats for other departments to use. We run Windows 7 pro with various versions of MS Office 2010 (Professional Plus and Standard, 32 and 64 bit).Basically, the issue is that on some PCs in our company the macro will work flawlessly, but on some other PCs it will loop back to the start of the macro and upon trying to proceed forward crashes Excel. The files are all stored on our server, in various folders of which the user has permission to them all and the files within. I have tried running it on all the versions of Office we have available to us, as well as reinstalling Windows 7 from scratch with Office and attempting to run it again. Running the macro from a domain admin account with full access to the folders and files makes no difference. Running the file with the macro spreadsheet and the linked files stored locally also does not make any difference. I've checked and unchecked various security related boxes in the Trust Centre menu in Excel also, but with no joy.I have reached the end of my list of ideas to resolve this issue so that's why I'm wondering if anyone has seen this kind of issue before.Thanks in advanceJames

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi,
Are the PCs it fails on always the same ones, or logged onto by the same people?
If so do they have any additional software installed especially Excel add-Ins?

Upvote 0
Hi,Are the PCs it fails on always the same ones, or logged onto by the same people?If so do they have any additional software installed especially Excel add-Ins?
Out of 4 PCs we've tried it on, one PC allows it to run all the way through which has 32 bit standard Excel, and the other three do not. When they fail they always stop at the same point. It doesn't seem to affect the issue whether the user is logged in or I'm logged in with all permissions/admin rights. One of the PCs it fails on is a freshly installed Windows 7 build with Excel, so I don't think any add-ins will be active on that, I will check though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bergy32204

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back