Macro Question

goofy78270

Just as a warning, I am looking to do something weird. I currently have a worksheet that I track pricing changes in. From month to month, I highlight changes for different products based on the investor within a specific color so a second party can ensure that all changes made are correct..

What I would like to do is to have the sheet look at the first adjustment within the list and copy the same values down for each adjustment after that. This isnt so bad seeing as how I can simply say the such and such = the first cell.

The tricky part comes in that I would first like to have the formats copied down to all the following adjustments along with the values.
The second tricky part comes with if the first product is deleted due to whatever reason, I would like to account for this and have the sheet set the next in line as the top and have all others follow it.

I hope that this makes sense. If not, maybe I can upload a workbook for you to see.

I added this line in to copy the values over...
Code:
                    Intersect(.Range("B2:B" & LR).EntireRow, .Columns("D:P")).Value = wks2.Range("B?:N?").Value

This should be a reference to a range("B?:N?") but I am unsure of how to reference the position of the for Loop

Code:
        For Each EmpowerID In wks2.Range("A2:A" & wks2.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row)
            If EmpowerID.Interior.ColorIndex <> xlNone Then
                .Range("B1:B" & LR).AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=EmpowerID
                cnt = 0
                cnt = .Range("B2:B" & LR).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count
                If cnt Then
                    Intersect(.Range("B2:B" & LR).EntireRow, .Columns("D:P")).Value = wks2.Range("B?:N?").Value
                    Intersect(.Range("B2:B" & LR).EntireRow, .Columns("A:P")).Interior.ColorIndex = EmpowerID.Interior.ColorIndex
                End If
            End If
        Next EmpowerID

I have also tried the following while incrementing wks2cnt within the for loop with no success

Code:
                    Intersect(.Range("B2:B" & LR).EntireRow, .Columns("D:P")).Value = wks2.Range("B" & wks2cnt & ":N" & wks2cnt).Value

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
I got the paste to work although I am not sure if it is the most effective, but at least it works.

I do have a couple of issues though.
1. When I copy over, the first row is overwritten hence the need to copy it at the end - no really a big deal
2. The first time I run this, it is weird. Sometimes, it will highlight the whole page the same as the last row from sheet 2, it will add the first adjustment from the last row to the end of the sheet - although it is highlighted but without anything within the first three columns, or it works fine.

This is what I currently have so I am not sure where the error is coming from.

Code:
        wks2cnt = 2
        'Search for all highlighted rows and copy them over
        For Each EmpowerID In wks2.Range("A2:A" & wks2.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row)
                wks2.Range("B" & wks2cnt & ":N" & wks2cnt).Copy
                .Paste Destination:=.Range("D:P")
                cnt = 0
                If cnt Then Intersect(.Range("B2:B" & LR).EntireRow, .Columns("A:P")).Interior.ColorIndex = EmpowerID.Interior.ColorIndex
            End If
            wks2cnt = wks2cnt + 1
        Next EmpowerID

'Turn of any remaining autofilter
        .AutoFilterMode = False

'Fix row 1 with headings
        wks2.Range("B1:N1").Copy
        .Paste Destination:=.Range("D1:P1")

Upvote 0
Hi,

I tried to put your tables in a workbook, but didn't succees and do not know what kinda exception raised the problem.
Please click "email" below my post and send me the example. Then I can test.

best regards,
Erik

EDIT: as written in PM, these days rather short of time

Upvote 0
I got this to work with a little plug and play but I was wondering if there was a better way to accomplish the copy and paste within the For loop that I currently have?

Code:
        wks2cnt = 2
        'Search for all highlighted rows and copy them over
                wks2.Range("B" & wks2cnt & ":N" & wks2cnt).Copy
                .Paste Destination:=.Range("D2:P" & LR)
                cnt = 0
                If cnt Then Intersect(.Range("B2:B" & LR).EntireRow, .Columns("A:P")).Interior.ColorIndex = EmpowerID.Interior.ColorIndex
            End If
            wks2cnt = wks2cnt + 1
        Next EmpowerID

As far as the errors, the all highlighting has gone away but the printing after the last row to the end of the sheet still happens from time to time, kinda weird.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jest

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back