Macro security is killing me

roscoe

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I have an expense report template I built in Office 2003 with macros that I share with coworkers. When I shared it, some folks had macro security issues. Some work in an environment where they can't change the security settings (government offices for example). Since I did also I was able to use my govt PKI signature to sign it. Befoer that though I created my own signature. I was told (but could not verify) that folks could add that to their trusted list and not be asked anymore.

Just upgraded to 2007 and suddenly things are wonky. I tried to add my signature and Excel won't let me. No reason, just says it couldn't. So I used the help file to figure out how to create a new one, and it refers to a dialog box I can't get to (apparently pops up when you don't have a signature, but I have two...one is the one that doesn't work and I'd like to delete if I could figure out how, and the other is expiring in a few days so I'd rather not use it).

Could really use some guidance here...

Next question...I was using macros on another computer and when I opened the file I was given the coice of turning on the macros or not. My current computer doesn't ahve that option. It either turns them off (no option to overide) or turns all macros on (not safe and not what I want). How/where do I find the option to temporarily disable until I click enable? Seen it, know it exists, can't find it now.

Thanks!

wow..that's beyond my skill set. Given time, maybe, but that kinda time I aint got.

Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Well, it's fixed. I opened a new document, and copied sheets over to it and one macro module (one edit required in the module) and it seems to work fine and the invalid signature is gone. Amazingly simple (tried doing this before with macros and didn't work so I shied away from it this time...shouldn't have as it was very easy)

Still have no idea what happened but that's Microsoft.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back