Macro sort help

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I am running Excel out of Office365 (updated) on Windows 10 Home (updated). I have a worksheet with 14 Columns and almost 5,000 Rows. The worksheet contains data extracted from my music library. It has several Macros that will sort the data by a combination of Columns. I recently added three new Columns to track the usage of Rows in a Podcast. I feel confident in making another Macro but need some help. Until now, my sort process has been based on sorting by one Column, then a second Column, and then a third Column. With the addition of the three new Columns, I now have the need to sort the worksheet to find Rows that have no data in Columns L, M, and N (indicates no use of that Row). The target for this Macro is to have the worksheet sorted to first show Rows that have no data in Columns L, M, and N. If there is a search function that will achieve this, then I can create a new Macro that will sort the worksheet on Rows matching the function, and then sort that data by other Columns as well. I appreciate any help with this one.
Thank you,
Dan Wilson...

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Can you post a copy of your current code?

Upvote 0
Can you post a copy of your current code?
Good day Skyybot and thank you for responding. After experimenting with multiple "IF" functions, I have found a way to achieve my purpose and at the same time have identified a different problem. At this point I will mark this thread as "completed" until I can make more sense of the issues.

Upvote 0
After experimenting with multiple "IF" functions, I have found a way to achieve my purpose
Pleased you seem to have solved the issue.
If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark that post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution. I have removed the "Mark as solution" from post #2 since it clearly does not contain the solution to your question. :)

Upvote 0
Pleased you seem to have solved the issue.
If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark that post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution. I have removed the "Mark as solution" from post #2 since it clearly does not contain the solution to your question. :)
Good day Peter_SSs, good to hear from you again. I thought about that before I marked the post as the solution. I have never deleted a post, and don't know how to do that. Since you are a moderator, perhaps you can delete the entire post. There is no need for anyone else to pursue this issue until I work out the problems that have been caused by the changes that I made and have more details.
Thank you,
Dan Wilson...

Upvote 0
I have never deleted a post, and don't know how to do that.
You can't. However, if there is a requirement to remove a post (usually only due to sensitive information in it, spam, duplicate post etc) you can click the 'Report' link (at the bottom left of every post) and explain why you think a post or thread should be deleted. A moderator will then determine whether to do that or not.

Since we prefer not to delete posts or threads unless really necessary, I won't be deleting this one. Your comment ..
There is no need for anyone else to pursue this issue ..
.. should be enough should be sufficient to stop anybody spending time on suggestions for you. :)

Upvote 0
Good day Peter_SSs. Thank you for taking the time for the explanation. I will remember that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back