Macro to delete specific emails/data from excel spreadsheet?

kholden1

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Afternoon!

I am trying to figure out how to delete specific email addresses I've found as "bad emails" from a 500 line excel spreadsheet. I'd preferably like to have it delete the whole row where the email address is attached but at least have it delete the email. I can then filter by blanks and delete them off of my list that way. Does anyone have any possible idea's on where I can start!? If it's not possible, I could instead use Company names to find the data and delete. I appreciate any and all help!

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Can you show us an example of your data (first removing/changing any sensitive information, like real email addresses or personal identification), so we can see how it is all structured and see what you want to remove?

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
I wish I could use the XL2BB tool! It seems right up my alley! The pictures shows some of the data I am using, except like I mentioned, I have over 500 lines. In the end, I'm really only using the email addresses and first name. I have a second list of email's I need to take out of the original list so I can keep the good emails for a mail merge.

Attachments

• snip1.PNG
    snip1.PNG
    55.5 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
@Joe4 Does this picture help at all or do you need more information? Would you mind guiding me on where to start with a VBA, please?

Upvote 0
Sorry, I missed your response yesterday.

So, in looking at the sample you included, how is it determined which lines to keep and which to delete?

Also, you show your office version as 365 and 2007. Which one are you using for this purpose?
The method I use may be dependent upon that.

Upvote 0
It's fine! I really appreciate you taking a look for me. I'm using 365. I have another list of email errors which came back undeliverable. Instead of going one by one in the list shown, finding and deleting. I was thinking there was a way to put all of the data (emails or by company) in the VBA and deleting it that way?

Upvote 0
If you have a list of bad emails, here is one way you could do it:
- Insert a new sheet that lists all the bad email addresses you want remove.
- Do a simple VLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, or COUNTIF formula to match the two emails (i.e. you could do a simple COUNTIF to count the number of time each email is found on the "bad" list
- Filter out the bad email addresses (note that Excel 365 has a new FILTER function that allows you to create a brand new list, filtering out the records you do not want
See: FILTER function - Microsoft Support

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back