Outlook Macro - Remove Email Address From Mailing Lists

L

Legacy 512328

Hi,

I’m trying to reduce my digital footprint, and part of this process involves removing my Outlook email address from many mailing lists - i.e. I receive many emails, mainly marketing related, from organisations that have my email address on their distribution list(s) and I’d like to remove my email address from many of these lists.

Previously, if you logged into Outlook online you could remove your email address from distribution lists under the Settings tab, but some reason this feature is no longer available.

Is there any VBA code to remove my email address from external mailing lists?

Thanks,

Jack

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
What you were doing with Outlook online was to remove yourself from an internal Microsoft Exchange distribution group.

It is not possible to use Outlook to remove yourself from an email distribution list of an outside organization. You have to contact each organization to request that you be removed. Typically there is an "unsubscribe" link in the email.

Exchange has a lot of protocols that only work internal to your Exchange group; these features are not part of the email standard.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back