Macros Disappearing Revisited

Mr_Phil

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi, a while back my macros went away and were only visible in the VBA editor. Back then the solution for me was to log out of MS365 and relog in. Well today it happened again. Protected view and recompile did not work. What did work was opening excel then going to file > open > open and repair. It worked! I am so happy. The last time this happened I pulled all my hair out. So, for a change, I get to give back and hope if anyone else has the issue either this or the discussion here >>> MACRO'S HAVE DISAPPEARED BUT ARE STILL IN VBA will help you. Have an awesome day.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
i had a similar situation happen to me and it took forever for me to figure out what was happening (even after posting here). honestly, i wasn't even the one who figured it out, a co-worker figured it out after several months.

in my case, a user was unable to access a shared macro file and it turned out that excel had placed it in the Disabled Items queue. once i went there and marked the file as allowed, the macro file worked again as intended.

1684175611559.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back