Macros not displayed in "View Macros Box" Alt F8 Hoping someone can help.

jgoomster

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I haven't lost my Macros. I can open up VBA alt F11, and find and run any of my macros, but when i open up the view macros window (displayed in my screenshot) it is blank. I am able to toggle through the "macros in" dropdown box but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have been googling this problem and it doesn't seem common, but it is frustrating for me.

I have rebooted; I have also tried repairing office 365 to see if that would solve the problem.

I am not sure what I have done. I am good with excel but pretty novice with VBA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1632830432594.png

It seems unlikely to me that that would be the cause (though nothing is impossible!).

Can you compile your project(s) without error in the VBE?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I am able to run my macros without error if that is what you are asking

Upvote 0
No, I mean if you open a macro workbook, then open the vb editor and do a Debug - Compile VBA project, does it work without error? If so, try saving the workbook and then reopen it to see if that affects the macros dialog.

Upvote 0
ok so we are getting somewhere. it worked for the workbook, but ones in my personal macro workbook are still missing.

I tried to follow the same process but to no avail.

1632860244072.png

Upvote 0
Try exporting and removing one of the modules from Personal.xlsb, then close and save. Then re-open and import the module back in, then close, save and reopen, then test again? Also, just double-check that the Personal macro workbook doesn't appear in the list of disabled items.

Upvote 0
Solution
I did it with only one module but it worked for all, they are all back. all the macros in personal are now visible once more.
:)

thank you sir.

Upvote 0
Glad we could help - that was a weird one! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back