Mail Merge Import Issue between Excel 2003 and Word 2003

gbaker101

I am doing a mail merge file in Word 2003 that imports from an Excel spreadsheet. The issue I am having is that it is not importing the data in certain columns from the spreadsheet into the Word document. When I bring up the Mail Merge Recipients List in word, and scroll through the data, there are certain fields that are blank and should have data, and since it is only certain columns where the data is not being imported, I'm assuming the issue lies somewhere within my Excel spreadsheet or possibly what I'm using as the column header label for these columns. The data in these columns is numbers, and I've tried reformatting the cells to different types (general, number, accounting) with no success. Any thoughts or suggestions on what is causing this from the Excel gurus out there is appreciated!!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Change a few of the numbers to words and see if the words transfer properly. Perhaps the column names are not being matched to the merge fields properly.

Try adding a helper column that puts a space on either side of the number and see if
that merges properly.

Upvote 0
Relink the excel file and see if this helps. Most of the time I have found a problem, this does the magic.

Sanjeev

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichealRed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back