Mail Merge Multiple Rows into one based on multiple columns

cochranb13

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I am trying to create a mail merge that I can send to staff weekly that gives them individual data along with ONLY names of students that are failing. I have searched and found how to combine rows using one condition and a compare column, but I do not understand the syntax well enough to know how to include a second condition.

I have included screenshots below of data sheet, what I am getting when I run merge, what I want when I run merge, and what I have entered in merge.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 3.47.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 3.47.50 PM.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 469
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 3.47.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 3.47.45 PM.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 466
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 8.21.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 8.21.23 PM.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 464
And I've already given you links to detailed instructions and examples for how to do that...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
And I've already given you links to detailed instructions and examples for how to do that...

Yes, you have, and I apologize for my ignorance and ineptitude, but the Catalogue Mailmerge tutorial, which seems to be most directly linked to what I am trying to accomplish, does not make sense to me. In the tutorial, I am not clear how to enter the text from the tutorial into the Merge Document. For example, it is unclear to me when it says the text below produces the sorted list, where the text below is entered in the Merge Document.

[
«City» «Representative» «Sales»
]

In the sample document from the tutorial, there is a <<Recipients>> field and a <<Data>> field. But I cannot find in the tutorial where it says where to place the text above to achieve the sorted list.

The formula provided in the other post worked immediately and so I pursued that option.

Upvote 0
It seems, then, you haven't even read the Introduction, let alone any of the links demonstrating the implementation...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjereza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back