Making a rotating schedule

cstonekk92

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I am extremely new to attempting to do any type of schedule in Excel. I know the basics of excel and can google what I need to do when doing a sheet but I am looking at an easier way to do our nursing schedule. We have 2 types-CNA and Nurses and each type has 3 shifts-6-2,2-10 & 10-6. The way we are doing it now is every month we take a blank schedule form insert the dates, the days of the week and x for work and o for off manually. The full time nurses have a routine schedule as do the full time CNA's and I need to know if its possible to make a form auto populate the full time people and then we can just manually put in the part time people. This would make doing the schedule so much easier. Any help would be appreciated. I am computer savvy so if I can follow instructions pretty easily it is just getting started and learning.

Attachments

• IMG_8180.jpg
    IMG_8180.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I posted a sample. The top staff are full time the lower ones are part time. This is the nurse schedule. Excuse the write ins as we post one then we have a working one. I do need to make doing the schedule less stressful.

Upvote 0
Do I correctly understand ... the RN's and CNA's will always have the same shifts/days. The part-time employees have changing shifts/days.

You are wanting a MASTER LIST of RN's & CNA's that you can use, already imprinted on the monthly schedule. The part-time employees will not be on this MASTER LIST.
So ... at the beginning of each month you can print out the MASTER LIST with the shifts already set for the RN's & CNA's. The part-time employees will not be on this
MASTER LIST until you pencil them in.

???

Upvote 0
No it would have to be all on one but the full times have basically the same rotation and the part time are fill ins, We have to have the total count at the bottom to know we have adequate staff. It currently is set to total the xxxx at the bottom to show how many staff we have that day.

Upvote 0
Suggest you provide a sample file with all staff listed in an 'example work schedule'. Provide explanations of what you are seeking and if necessary show an example.
Post the file to a cloud site for download and post the file link here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back