Making me crazy

ThePhantom

Hi all

While i am still learning VBa coding is have run into a problem i seem to not be able to solve.

I have a list in which i have alot of data which are copied in by macro (Works fine) and values are extracted from this list to input cells when selected, from which you also change the values in the list.
Now i have been working on a solution for being able to select a row in the list but not change it but it keeps giving me problems.

The Problem is what i run a macro to save the data to the list, but the macro in the worksheet.change event runs even after the main macro is done.

My goal is to run the save macro, without having the event handler checking for changes while it is running.

I have tried to change a cell to true while the save macro are running and use if in the event, and i tried to use Application.enableevents=false with no result.

Anyone with an idea to why this code is behaving like it does ?

The save macro are bound to a Button which have the Cont_save code

In worksheet change i have another code.

Code:
(the save button 
Sub Cont_Save()
With Sheet2
 .Range("B10").Value = True
If IsEmpty(Range("F6").Value) Or IsEmpty(Range("F8").Value) _
    Or IsEmpty(Range("F10").Value) Or IsEmpty(Range("F12").Value) Or IsEmpty(Range("I4").Value) Then ' Checks if the yellow cells are empty
        MsgBox "Alle gule felter skal udfyldes" 'Text Box
        Exit Sub
Else

ContRow = .Range("D5013").End(xlUp).Row + 1  ' First availble row OPDATERE denne linie hvis du vil udvide databasen
        For ContCol = 4 To 14 'Sets ContCol to the column number though a loop
            .Cells(ContRow, ContCol).Value = .Range(.Cells(14, ContCol).Value).Value 'Sets Input cells location (Column and Row)
        Next ContCol
    .Shapes("ExistContGrp").Visible = msoCTrue 'Sets Icon group 1 to true
    .Shapes("NewContGrp").Visible = msoFalse 'Sets Icon group 2 to False
    .Range("B3").Value = False
    .Range("B10").Value = False
End If
End With

End Sub

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Sheet2.Range("B5").Value = True Then

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("F4:M14")) Is Nothing And Range("B3").Value = False And Range("B4").Value = False Then ' Checks for changes in
On Error Resume Next
        Cells(Range("B2").Value, Cells(Target.Row, Target.Column + 13).Value).Value = Target.Value
        Cells(Range("B2").Value, Cells(6, 22).Value).Value = Range("I6").Value 'Rengør beløb
        Cells(Range("B2").Value, Cells(8, 22).Value).Value = Range("I8").Value ' Michael
        Cells(Range("B2").Value, Cells(10, 22).Value).Value = Range("I10").Value ' Uffe
        Cells(Range("B2").Value, Cells(12, 22).Value).Value = Range("I12").Value 'Status
        Cells(Range("B2").Value, Cells(4, 25).Value).Value = Range("M4").Value 'Valuta
        Cells(Range("B2").Value, Cells(4, 22).Value).Value = Range("I4").Value  '****dato
    End If
End If
        If Not Intersect(Target, Range("D16:N5013")) Is Nothing And Sheet2.Range("B6") = True And Range("B10").Value = False Then
        MsgBox "Brug indtastningsfelterne til at ændre disse poster"
        'Application.EnableEvents = False
        Application.Undo
       Range("B2").Value = Target.Row
       'Application.EnableEvents = True
Exit Sub

End If
Exit Sub

Thanks in advanced

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
The Problem is what i run a macro to save the data to the list, but the macro in the worksheet.change event runs even after the main macro is done
A Worksheet_Change macro is triggered EVERY time a change is made in the worksheet
- to avoid that, EnableEvents must be set to FALSE before changes are made to the values in that worksheet
- the value must be set back to TRUE even if the code fails (otherwise no events will trigger until you re-open the workbook

Try inserting these lines
Code:
Sub Cont_Save()
        'rest of code...
Else
[COLOR=#ff0000]    On Error Resume Next[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#ff0000]    Application.EnableEvents = False[/COLOR]
        ContRow = .Range("D5013").End(xlUp).Row + 1
        'rest of code...
End If
[COLOR=#ff0000]Handling:
Application.EnableEvents = True[/COLOR]
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you for your Reply Yongle.

After also trying your suggestion without any different result, i became so furious what i copied into a new sheet and testet it with succes. I when copied it back and now it is work perfectly. I am totally lost on why it is.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back