AbrahamGluck

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi as an employee of an Amazon business, I want to make a listing on amazon.

How can I calculate a markup of 10% in excel? - the markup is “on the cost of the item plus the fee amazon takes after the item being sold” which is a percentage of the listing/sale price? Is it possible to have an exact furmola for that?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Maybe:

1.1*(A1 * (1+amazon %))

Where A1 is your original price. Amazon % is a constant that you need to enter into the formula.

If you had some real numbers to apply, it would be easier to test a solution, but I think that would do what you want.

Upvote 0
Maybe:

1.1*(A1 * (1+amazon %))

Where A1 is your original price. Amazon % is a constant that you need to enter into the formula.

If you had some real numbers to apply, it would be easier to test a solution, but I think that would do what you want.

Thank you for your response,
Please take a look on my sheet with the furmola https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufdvlyirkcuiwwo/Amazon Markup.xlsx?dl=0

I tried to use the furmola but it doesn’t sound right or I didn’t express myself in the question in the first place,

To rephrase the question,
I want to stay with a 10% markup after selling it and taking off the amazon fees,
You can also look on the amazon fees like sales tax, let say I want to have a net 10% markup after taking off the sales tax.

Upvote 0
So if the original price is $10 amazon fees are $1....do you want to make (on mark up) $1 (based on the $10) or $1.10 (based on $11)?

Upvote 0
So if the original price is $10 amazon fees are $1....do you want to make (on mark up) $1 (based on the $10) or $1.10 (based on $11)?

Amazon fees isn’t based on the original price, it is based on the selling price.
but to make a selling price I have to know the amazon fees
one is based on one another, it could be it is impossible to have a furmola

Upvote 0
Nothing is impossible. I think I'm understanding now.

Give me a few with your workbook so I can see real numbers, and I'll get back here.

Upvote 0
Didn't take as long as I thought, or I would have just did it before the last post.

Try this in C2, and see if you get what you expect.

=(A2+(B2*A2))/0.9

Upvote 0
Nothing is impossible. I think I'm understanding now.

Give me a few with your workbook so I can see real numbers, and I'll get back here.

I guess it is an algebra equation,

amazon is x percent of the markup

the markup is x percent of the cost plus the Amazon fee

you need to know the sales price in order to know x percent of amazon and you need to know the percent of Amazon in order to know sales price.

Upvote 0
Something like that. Did you try that formula? Is that what giving you the results you expect?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back