Match any part of cell to values from a list

brockmoller

I have a column (C) that contains a list of values. I have another column (E), that contains another list of values (some of these values can be found within the values in column C.

I need to know which cells in column C contain any of the exact values in Column E.

In the example below, C2 does contain the value from E1 so column D2 would return a statement "True" where D1 and D3 would return false.

C
D (Does C1 Contain any value from column E ?)
E
GageGTBPB30

WWJBL
GageWWJBL34

WWTBL
GageWWJGXXL

WWJBXL

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
<b>Worksheet Formulas</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" width="100%" rules="all" style="border: 1px solid;text-align:center;background-color: #FFFFFF;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #BBB"><thead><tr style=" background-color: #DAE7F5;color: #161120"><th width="10px">Cell</th><th style="text-align:left;padding-left:5px;">Formula</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><th width="10px" style=" background-color: #DAE7F5;color: #161120">D1</th><td style="text-align:left">=ISNUMBER(<font color="Blue">LOOKUP(<font color="Red">2,1/ISNUMBER(<font color="Green">SEARCH(<font color="Purple">$E$1:$E$3,C1</font>)</font>)</font>)</font>)</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></table><br />

I have a column (C) that contains a list of values. I have another column (E), that contains another list of values (some of these values can be found within the values in column C.

I need to know which cells in column C contain any of the exact values in Column E.

In the example below, C2 does contain the value from E1 so column D2 would return a statement "True" where D1 and D3 would return false.

C
D (Does C1 Contain any value from column E ?)
E
GageGTBPB30

WWJBL
GageWWJBL34

WWTBL
GageWWJGXXL

WWJBXL

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back