match data in 2 columns and return value in relative adjacent cell

bjbeamish

Hello experts!

I need some of your kind help -= I have 3 columns of data: Column C has a list of employee IDs, column D has a range of dates and column E has a time.

I need to return the time that is in the same row as the employee ID and the date.

I know it has something to do with match/index/vlookup but not sure how to begin! :confused:

I need the 2 conditions to be satisfied before the data is returned i.e. I need the employee id AND the date to be in the same row before the time (in the same row) is returned.

I hope that makes sense - please ask for clarification if it doesn't. I want to add an example table for you but not sure how:confused: - sorry!

Many thanks
Brian

Thank you Danny! I'm out of time at the moment so will have to test tomorrow but thank you so so much so far! I'll let you kow whether it works tomorrow - many many thanks!

Brian

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Many thanks Danny - that works a treat - I now have a new question to ask so will post a new thread - thank you SO much for your time on this one.

All the best
Brian

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back