Match function

rhaney

Board Regular
I need to use the match function to find values in one of several pages within a spreadsheet. Entries in Column A of the first page match the other spreadsheet page names.

Is it possible to match the value found in B3 of the 1st page within the page that corresponds with the value found in A3 using the data found in Column B:B of the matching A3 page? Match type is 0.

Thank you!

Robert

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

T. Valko

I need to use the match function to find values in one of several pages within a spreadsheet. Entries in Column A of the first page match the other spreadsheet page names.

Is it possible to match the value found in B3 of the 1st page within the page that corresponds with the value found in A3 using the data found in Column B:B of the matching A3 page? Match type is 0.

Thank you!

Robert
So, what kind of result do you want?

Aladin Akyurek

MrExcel MVP

Thank you!

Robert

Looks like...

=MATCH(B3,INDIRECT("'"&A3&"'!B2:B100"),0)

Adjust the range to suit.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davetom

This Week's Hot Topics