Match Multiple Criteria Structured Reference

ocean007

Hello. I have two named tables LaborForecastHours and LaborForecastCost.

I want to cross reference two columns [Task] and [Employee Name] (same in both tables) using a Match function to return the row in LaborForecastHours that matches the current selected row in LaborForecastCost.

I've tried the following, but keep getting an error. It is important that the formula used is dynamic and doesn't require a certain order. There is only one Employee Name per task and two tasks total. I want the formula to continue to work if rows with more tasks or employees are added.

This is what I tried:

=Match(1,(LaborForecastHours[Task]=[@Task]*(LaborForecastHours[Employee Name]=[@Employee Name]),0)

I get a #Value error when Excel evaluates LaborForecastHours[Task] and LaborForecastHours[Employee Name] instead of it converting the structured reference to a range. All the structured references are colored and recognized, so I'm at a loss as to what the issue might be.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Also, I did try it both as a regular function and as an array (CSE) but neither way gets it to recognize and convert the structured reference to a range.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirbito

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back