Match rows for value in specific columns and paste matched/unmatched rows in new sheet

RandomUserCode

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I got data in sheet1 and sheet2, which i want to copy and paste in sheet3. That is already done. So next i want to match rows, by checking column C, D, E, H and I. The C and H column value is integer and the rest is text/strings.

If two rows match, then i want to copy and paste one of the lines in a new third sheet, and add the integer difference from column H in column H (The difference will be 0 if the lines match in all columns)

If the two rows dont match, copy and paste one of the lines in a new fourth sheet, and add the integer difference from column H in column H

The code so far:

VBA Code:
    Sub CopyPasteSheet()

Dim mySheet, arr

arr = Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2")
        Const targetSheet = "Sheet3"

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each mySheet In arr
            Sheets(mySheet).Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy
                With Sheets(targetSheet)
                    .Range("A1").Insert Shift:=xlDown
                    If mySheet <> arr(UBound(arr)) Then .Rows(1).Delete xlUp
                End With
        Next mySheet

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
You can put a sample of your data from sheet1 and sheet2. Ande the desired results on sheet3 and sheet4.
Use the XL2BB tool minisheet.

Upvote 0
You can put a sample of your data from sheet1 and sheet2. Ande the desired results on sheet3 and sheet4.
Use the XL2BB tool minisheet.
I took a picture of sheet1 and one of sheet2. Had to change some as i cant show that here. Well i want to check if a row in sheet1 matches in the specific columns, a row in sheet2. So i want to copy and paste a row which is the same in sheet1 and sheet2, in sheet3. Sheet3 should be the sheet where every column macthes and sheet4 should be the sheet where every column but the amount column H matches. And in sheet4 when the row have been copied/pasted, then a new column with the difference between the amounts is stated. Does that make sense, if it doesnt let me know so i can try to rephrase :) Thanks in advance and thanks for taking time to reply!

Attachments

• Pic1.PNG
    Pic1.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Pic2.PNG
    Pic2.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0
So i want to copy and paste a row which is the same in sheet1 and sheet2, in sheet3. Sheet3 should be the sheet where every column macthes

That is pretty clear to me.

sheet4 should be the sheet where every column but the amount column H matches.
What about the records where the data does not match?

In your example, only the first record matches the data, and since the quantity is equal, then it is copied to sheet3.
The other records do not match, so sheet4 will be empty.

1629463656023.png

You can put at least one record to copy to sheet4, and how to calculate the difference. Amount-Sheet1 minus Amount-Sheet2 or Amount-Sheet2 minus Amount-Sheet1.

Upvote 0
That is pretty clear to me.

What about the records where the data does not match?

In your example, only the first record matches the data, and since the quantity is equal, then it is copied to sheet3.
The other records do not match, so sheet4 will be empty.

View attachment 45273

You can put at least one record to copy to sheet4, and how to calculate the difference. Amount-Sheet1 minus Amount-Sheet2 or Amount-Sheet2 minus Amount-Sheet1.
Yeah so in that example the first row is the only row to match between sheet1 and sheet2. So correct, sheet4 will be empty in this case because there isnt a row in sheet1 and sheet2 where all columns except the amount column that matches. Sheet3 would just be row 1 copied and pasted into first available row in sheet3, and then the amount column overwrited to a difference column, which is 0 in sheet3. In sheet4 a difference column is again needed instead of the amount column. Is it somehow possible to make that?

Upvote 0
Try this:

VBA Code:
Sub MatchRows()
  Dim a As Variant, b As Variant, c As Variant, d As Variant
  Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long, m As Long, n As Long
  Dim dic As Object, ky As String

Set dic = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
  a = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:I" & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(3).Row).Value
  b = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1:I" & Sheets("Sheet2").Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(3).Row).Value
  ReDim c(1 To UBound(a, 1), 1 To UBound(a, 2))
  ReDim d(1 To UBound(a, 1), 1 To UBound(a, 2))

For i = 1 To UBound(b, 1)
    ky = b(i, 3) & "|" & b(i, 4) & "|" & b(i, 5) & "|" & b(i, 9)
    dic(ky) = i
  Next

For i = 2 To UBound(a, 1)
    ky = a(i, 3) & "|" & a(i, 4) & "|" & a(i, 5) & "|" & a(i, 9)
    If dic.exists(ky) Then
      j = dic(ky)
      If a(i, 8) = b(j, 8) Then
        k = k + 1
        For n = 1 To UBound(a, 2)
          c(k, n) = a(i, n)
        Next
        c(k, 8) = 0
      Else
        m = m + 1
          d(k, n) = a(i, n)
        Next
        d(k, 8) = a(i, 8) - b(j, 8)
      End If
    End If
  Next

Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).Resize(k, UBound(a, 2)).Value = c
  Sheets("Sheet4").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).Resize(m, UBound(a, 2)).Value = d
End Sub

Upvote 0
Try this:

VBA Code:
Sub MatchRows()
  Dim a As Variant, b As Variant, c As Variant, d As Variant
  Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long, m As Long, n As Long
  Dim dic As Object, ky As String

Set dic = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
  a = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:I" & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(3).Row).Value
  b = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1:I" & Sheets("Sheet2").Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(3).Row).Value
  ReDim c(1 To UBound(a, 1), 1 To UBound(a, 2))
  ReDim d(1 To UBound(a, 1), 1 To UBound(a, 2))

For i = 1 To UBound(b, 1)
    ky = b(i, 3) & "|" & b(i, 4) & "|" & b(i, 5) & "|" & b(i, 9)
    dic(ky) = i
  Next

For i = 2 To UBound(a, 1)
    ky = a(i, 3) & "|" & a(i, 4) & "|" & a(i, 5) & "|" & a(i, 9)
    If dic.exists(ky) Then
      j = dic(ky)
      If a(i, 8) = b(j, 8) Then
        k = k + 1
          c(k, n) = a(i, n)
        Next
        c(k, 8) = 0
      Else
        m = m + 1
          d(k, n) = a(i, n)
        Next
        d(k, 8) = a(i, 8) - b(j, 8)
      End If
    End If
  Next

Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).Resize(k, UBound(a, 2)).Value = c
  Sheets("Sheet4").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2).Resize(m, UBound(a, 2)).Value = d
End Sub
Holy moly it almost works. I get an error "Application-defined or object-defined error". It does copy the rows which match into a new sheet and state the difference as 0 in column H, but it doesn't work for the ones that dont match

Upvote 0
When the error occurs, you can press the Debug button and tell me which macro line is highlighted in yellow.
Also put here the sample of data you are testing with, to check what problem you have with your data.

Upvote 0
When the error occurs, you can press the Debug button and tell me which macro line is highlighted in yellow.
Also put here the sample of data you are testing with, to check what problem you have with your data.
Okay maybe its because my fourth sheet is named sheet3 and my fifth sheet is named sheet4. Can it be about the placement, because i made a new file, had my data in sheet1 (1) and sheet2 (2). Then i perfectly copied and stated the difference i column H

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back