Merging data into master file with complex auto updates

kurts

Hello All,

This is my first post, and I've saved it for a duzzy...

I’m trying to merge two documents, the first being a WO, the second is a WIP “Work In Progress”. I’ll try to explain this as systematically as possible so you guys/gals can help me out.

1. An employee will open the work order file, saved locally on their pc or on their drive of the network.

2. Employee will complete all of the necessary fields.
  3. Employee will the save the document as the proper name in the proper location.

4. Employee will close the document without saving changes.
  5. The WIP will be automatically updated with only certain criteria from each WO. (The WIP is the master document that has info coming from various docs and locations/PC’s can be viewed by anyone at any time, but only one individual will be able to make changes). There is no need for this document to open each time it is auto updated, only manually updated

6. The incoming info to the WIP need to be placed under the last row of current data, and pre-format and add a row beneath it.
  7. The WIP itself needs to have the date fields change color automatically depending upon the day. Normally they would always be white. Once the due date is one day before the current day, it would change to light yellow. Due date on the current day, light red. Any due day past the current day, bright red.

8. Ideally the WIP would sort the upper section of the document by the date column after every data entry
  9. When the status field is filled with a particular number, the entire row is copied to the lower half of the document and deleted from the top.
  10. Once a job has been completed, all of the info is deleted manually from the row but all of the formatting remains for the automated data coming in.
I’ve attached sample files of what I’m trying to accomplish. I am just good enough with excel and code to get myself into trouble, but I’m not really sure where to start on this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hey guys, I thought I attached the files I'm working with, but apparently I did not. Looking now, I'm not quite sure how to do so. Can someone point that to me so I can show exactly what I currently have, where I'm at and where I need help.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessbob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back