Message in msgbox not appearing

tiredofit

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have recently upgraded to Excel 365 and have noticed something strange.

My code contains message boxes but every so often, all I see is the message box appearing without the message displayed. I re-run my code and then the message does get displayed.

I have also noticed the break points in the VB editor are NOT perfectly round circles.

Does this suggest there is something wrong with Excel 365 or does the issue lie with my PC's graphics card?

Thanks

Just a thought, but what about the resolution on your monitor? Or, is excel opening in a lower resolution than it is suppose to? That would cause the stretched look on your text and circle.
*EDIT*
I got to that window by right clicking on the icon on the desktop. Icon> Properies> Compatibility> Change high DPI settings>
Yes, I did try that and indeed it did make a difference.

However, the recommended resolution shows the "non-perfect" circle.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Yes, I did try that and indeed it did make a difference.

However, the recommended resolution shows the "non-perfect" circle.
My guess would be that there is a compatibility issue with the latest version of office that doesnt play well with your graphics/monitor/display ports. Not really much you can do about that other than wait for an update and change those settings manually.

As far as the messagebox not appearing, I have had that happen before when my computer's memory was getting full and then becoming overwritten (or, at least that is what I assumed it was). I had excel doing way more than it should have by trying to program a galaga game via charts.

I have looked the messagebox error up and have found a range of people saying the issue (for them) came from focus lost, strings getting overwritten, memory leaks and even background updates.

Dont know if any of that helps.

Upvote 0
My guess would be that there is a compatibility issue with the latest version of office that doesnt play well with your graphics/monitor/display ports. Not really much you can do about that other than wait for an update and change those settings manually.

As far as the messagebox not appearing, I have had that happen before when my computer's memory was getting full and then becoming overwritten (or, at least that is what I assumed it was). I had excel doing way more than it should have by trying to program a galaga game via charts.

I have looked the messagebox error up and have found a range of people saying the issue (for them) came from focus lost, strings getting overwritten, memory leaks and even background updates.

Dont know if any of that helps.

If this was an old laptop, I wouldn't have been too bothered but as it's new, I still have the chance to exchange it, if there is indeed a fault.

As it is, I cannot be certain if the problems lie with the laptop or Excel 365.

On the plus side, I've reset the laptop and the message box problem seems to have been resolved, which is probably the lesser of two evils.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Upvote 0
If its a new laptop then I would be confident in saying that it is a driver compatibility issue. Typically this stuff works itself out over time as new software/hardware are supported. The real question is, are you willing to 'put-up' with it until it is resolved?

Best of luck!

Upvote 0
If its a new laptop then I would be confident in saying that it is a driver compatibility issue. Typically this stuff works itself out over time as new software/hardware are supported. The real question is, are you willing to 'put-up' with it until it is resolved?

Best of luck!
Time will tell.

What's worrying me now is the laptop itself.

For some reason, after inputting the serial number, HP's website says my warranty has already expired, despite I only bought it last week!

Upvote 0
Time will tell.

What's worrying me now is the laptop itself.

For some reason, after inputting the serial number, HP's website says my warranty has already expired, despite I only bought it last week!
You cant rely on that. You will need to go to the location you purchased it from.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrSabo83

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back