Message in msgbox not appearing

tiredofit

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have recently upgraded to Excel 365 and have noticed something strange.

My code contains message boxes but every so often, all I see is the message box appearing without the message displayed. I re-run my code and then the message does get displayed.

I have also noticed the break points in the VB editor are NOT perfectly round circles.

Does this suggest there is something wrong with Excel 365 or does the issue lie with my PC's graphics card?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I personally do not use 365, but from my understanding 365 is exactly the same as 2019 (when it was released) and now 2023. My guess would be that something wasnt installed correctly, or there is an update to your hardware that windows has bypassed.

Steps I would take is to look for updates on windows, check for updates with your hardward and then reinstall office if that doesnt work.

Upvote 0
I personally do not use 365, but from my understanding 365 is exactly the same as 2019 (when it was released) and now 2023. My guess would be that something wasnt installed correctly, or there is an update to your hardware that windows has bypassed.

Steps I would take is to look for updates on windows, check for updates with your hardward and then reinstall office if that doesnt work.
Thanks, I'll check it.

Upvote 0
I checked my updates and everything has been updated.

As can be seen, the break point doesn't look correct.

1680906256953.png

Upvote 0
can you upload a higher quality picture? from what I see it looks normal

Upvote 0
Sorry, but what exactly do you need help with? Msgboxes not showing the message? Or is the issue that the breakpoint circle is not a perfect circle?

Upvote 0
Sorry, but what exactly do you need help with? Msgboxes not showing the message? Or is the issue that the breakpoint circle is not a perfect circle?
I want to find out if anyone else had experienced similar problems with Excel 365.

I'll try and post of the message box problem when it happens next.

Upvote 0
Just a thought, but what about the resolution on your monitor? Or, is excel opening in a lower resolution than it is suppose to? That would cause the stretched look on your text and circle.
*EDIT*
I got to that window by right clicking on the icon on the desktop. Icon> Properies> Compatibility> Change high DPI settings>

Attachments

• resolution.JPG
    resolution.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveg127

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back