Missing rows that I cannot unhide

squirt

I have some rows missing (like they are hidden in my spreadsheet) it was previously shared, and now I cannot get to these missing rows. I have tried to unhide them, but that does not work. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Not sure if this will work?
Can you change the view of the sheet??

Go to the menu bar View>Custom Views and see if they have a normal view or try to delete the views.

Michael

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums.

So when you say they are hidden you see the rows are numbered 1,2,3,7,8,9.... or something like that where it skips a bunch? there is no chance someone deleted them?

If so there is a possibility that they are simply very small and not completely hidden. In this case highligh the concerned rows (or the rows surrounding the hidden rows) Then go
Format -> Row -> Height
and type 15 and enter. This should take care of the problem in either case if they're hidden or just very small.

~Gold Fish

Upvote 0
squirt,
Is your worksheet filtered? (I know that's sort of obvious, but if it is, my suggestion wouldn't be useful at all). Filtering will hide rows that remain hidden when choosing Unhide Rows, because the filter is still applied. To turn off filtering, select the Data menu, then select Filter, and see if either autofilter or advanced filter has a check-mark by it. If so, un-check it, and your rows should return.
If that's not the solution...
Assuming that the worksheet isn't filtered, try selecting all of the rows&columns with data, extending past the missing cells, and paste into a new worksheet. You should at least be able to see what's there and what's not there, and may be able to re-construct the original sheet.
Hope that helps,
Cindy

Upvote 0
Cindy, Thanks so much, you pointed me in the right direction.. The only thing i needed to do was "show all" THANK YOU. sometimes the obvious is the hardest thing to see. That is why we come to this site. THANKS to all I am sure that I will be back many more times.

Upvote 0
Update, 15 years later...
The situation was solved for me by Going to View>Freeze Panes> Unfreeze Panes

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghennedy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back