Multiple Choice

chdevilliers

I am working on a project sourcing and supplying aprox 400 temp mining crew with accomodation varying from hotels, Guesthouses to private homes.
Sheet 1 contains all the owners details
Sheet 2 Contains all the various properties pulling info from sheet 1 via Vlookup
Sheet 3 Contains all the detail of the crew pulling information from Sheet 2 relating to the accomodation allocated to them at that time.
Sheet 4 consist of a 3 sections which need to act as a quick reference to each of these sheets.
1st Block - enter the Owner code and it will show the owner's details
2nd Block - Enter the Accomodation Code and it will show you the details of the property
3rd Bloick - Will show you the latest Accomodation establishment of that crew member using the Max Date & Vlookup functions.
My question is: Is there an option to have all 3 Blocks linked? So you choose the Accomodation Code, it will show you ther Owners details as well as the crew member staying there currently? If you choose the Crew Number, it will show you the Accomodation Details being used. Same with Owners details
Please help

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi and Welcome to the Board,

If I'm understanding your question correctly you could accomplish this using VBA with Worksheet_Change Event code.

For any single entry selected in 1st Block is there only one corresponding value for 2nd Block and one corresponding value for 3rd Block?

Does the user currently select each of these 3 values from a Data Validation DropDown list?

Upvote 0
Does the user currently select each of these 3 values from a Data Validation DropDown list?[/QUOTE]

I applogise for the late response. I had to leave town to work on site for a while
The View of this Quick Report Work sheet has b=now slightly changed
Block 1 - Crew Details (Only 1 corresponding value)
Block 2 - Reservation Details (Has many options but only one corresponding value depending on multiple if & max date formulas)
Block 3 - Property Details (Only 1 corresponding value)
Block 4 - Owners Details (Only 1 corresponding value
I do not know enought to understand VBA & Event Code. Hope to complete a course start 2013.
Your quation re the user's selection refers. No, at the moment I only allow the users to selc 1 option (The Crew Name) Everything else use this as the reference point. But it would be great if it could work in all direction.
Ie. Choose the Tenants name - It complete all the required info
or Choos the Property ID and it does the same

Very greatfull for your assistance

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back