destiny4adams

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
The formula I am using is not calculating correctly. What am I doing wrong?

=IF(C5=0,"",IF(C5>0,SUM(C5-20),IF(A5="*Nov*",A5="*Dec*",A5="*Jan*",A5="*Feb*",SUM(C5-98))))

What I am looking for is, if cell C5=0 then leave blank, if cell C5>0 then subtract 20 from cell C5, and if cell A5 contains Nov subtract 98 from C5.

The results I am looking for are:
I need cell G (How many days over) to calculate how many days Shawn worked over his contract days, which is, 20 days at work, 10 off, except during Nov-Feb then it is 98 days at work, 0 days off.

I need cell O (How many days under) to calculate how many days less than Shawn's contract is for being off work.
1688510935020.png

I tried to open the XL2BB, so I could upload my sheet, but I keep getting an error saying it cannot open in protected view (my workbook is not protected).

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
It appears that you don't have the Add-In in a Trusted location. Follow carefully the two things described in post #3 of the thread that I previously pointed you to.
You will need to know the location of where you put the xl2bb.xlam file

1688612424886.png

Upvote 0
I did try and it still would not work. I followed the instructions and I now have the button on the ribbon, but it doesn't work.
I have another question. I am not sure if you want me to put it in a new thread or not, but I was wondering if is there a way to make a cell calculate the month and days depending on the first date entry and the newest date entry.

Upvote 0
I have another question. I am not sure if you want me to put it in a new thread or not
It looked like it was quite a different question so, yes, should be in a new thread so I have deleted the question from this one. Start a new thread but I suggest first you again address the XL2BB issue so that you can provide easy-to-use sample data. :)

Upvote 0
It appears that you don't have the Add-In in a Trusted location. Follow carefully the two things described in post #3 of the thread that I previously pointed you to.
You will need to know the location of where you put the xl2bb.xlam file

View attachment 94800
This is what mine looks like and xl2bb.xlam is not an option
1688612866792.png

1688613146658.png
1688613166875.png

1688613251338.png

1688613279981.png

1688613301574.png

Upvote 0
So, in the XL2BB Instructions & Download (link in my signature below) is this.

1688613906738.png

Where did you put the xl2bb.xlam file?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back