Multiple IF/AND formula

floggingmolly

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook that has several columns with questions. For example if they answer NO in column A that is a red flag. But if they put an explanation in column B then its not a red flag. There are multiple columns with this scenario. I am trying to make a formula that basically says if A = NO and B has any text then its OK, other wise its a red flag, and the same for Columns C and D, E and F, G and H. Not sure if this makes any sense or if this can be done without helper columns. Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Can you post a sample of what you are trying to do, along with expected results.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
This is the formula I have for Columns H and I and it works. =IF((AND(H3<>"YES",I3="")),"RED FLAG","OK"). But I have the same scenario for Columns J and K, L and M, N and O, P and Q, etc. Is there a way to combine them into one formula? I've tried but can't get it to work.

Upvote 0
You could use conditional formatting to highlight B red if A is NO and B is blank? and do the same for each of you other sets. Not sure if this is what you are trying to achieve.

Upvote 0
Do you want Red Flag if any of those pairs of cells meets the criteria?
Also what version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
That you for the replies. I got it working with IF AND OR formula. Only issue I have now is if the row is completely blank it's showing as a Red Flag, but for the ones that are blank the user hasn't completed the questions yet so I will just filter out the blanks. Appreciate everyones help. :)

Upvote 0
There is an easier way that won't matter is the cells are blank, could you answer my questions from post#6?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Do you mean something like this?

Book3.xlsx
HIJKLMNOPQ
1RED FLAG
3NoabcYesxyzNoYesYes
Sheet841
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H1H1=IF(COUNTIFS(H3:P3,"No",I3:Q3,""),"RED FLAG","OK")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back