1681392926352.png

This continues for 1000s of rows, i need a macro to:
Go through date/time col
check for any overlaps
where there are overlaps compare to ocular hazard col
if both dates have ocular hazard 1 then only paste one of them
if both dates have ocular hazard 2 then only paste one of them
if dates have different ocular hazard then paste row containing 2

then create a new worksheet with the new data in it.
I just cant get anything to work as i get so caught up in loops and IF statements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi @CDaviess. Thanks for posting on the forum.

In order to better understand the problem, could you help me by explaining the following:

check for any overlaps
What do you mean by "overlap" could you explain it with an example?

if both dates have ocular hazard 1 then only paste one of them Give an example.
if both dates have ocular hazard 2 then only paste one of them Give an example.
if dates have different ocular hazard then paste row containing 2 Give an example.

then create a new worksheet with the new data in it. Give an example.
Please, explain with examples what you need, although you put an image, you are not explaining which records should be copied and which not.

Note XL2BB:
It would help greatly if you could give us the sample data in a form that we can copy to test with, rather that a picture. This way you will have more opportunities to receive help.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in
Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

--------------
I hope to hear from you soon.
Respectfully
Dante Amor
--------------

Upvote 0
Hi @CDaviess. Thanks for posting on the forum.

In order to better understand the problem, could you help me by explaining the following:

What do you mean by "overlap" could you explain it with an example?

Please, explain with examples what you need, although you put an image, you are not explaining which records should be copied and which not.

Note XL2BB:
It would help greatly if you could give us the sample data in a form that we can copy to test with, rather that a picture. This way you will have more opportunities to receive help.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in
Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

--------------
I hope to hear from you soon.
Respectfully
Dante Amor
--------------
Hi Dante,
So for example cell A2 contains the date stamp 2022-03-17 17:57:00 but Cell A980 may also contain that same date.
I would then need the macro to where there is two dates that are the same look at column D and compare the ocular hazard of the two date stamps.
The Ocular Hazard column can only contain the values 1 or 2.

If the date stamps are the same, prioritise the row with the ocular hazard value of 2. However if they are both the same (1 or 2) then only one of the rows with the date stamp needs to be copied.

All rows need to be assessed and copied into a new worksheet within the workbook.

Unfortunately I am on my work computer and cant use XL2BB, will try and help to understand anyway i can!

Many thanks

Upvote 0
You can use the functionality of excel.
Copy your data on sheet2.
Sorts the data by DateStamp (oldest to newest). Adds another level of sorting by the Ocular Hazard # field (highest to lowest - this is very important).
Select the data, Click Data Menu, Remove Duplicates, and then Under Columns, check only DateStamp and press ok.

1681408624396.png

Review the result and tell me.

Upvote 0
You can use the functionality of excel.
Copy your data on sheet2.
Sorts the data by DateStamp (oldest to newest). Adds another level of sorting by the Ocular Hazard # field (highest to lowest - this is very important).
Select the data, Click Data Menu, Remove Duplicates, and then Under Columns, check only DateStamp and press ok.

View attachment 89637

Review the result and tell me.
HI Dante,

I tried that and that's brilliant!
Do you know how to automate that in VBA?

Many thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back