multiple pivots on one report

colbecd

hi all

I have put 3 pivot tables on one report which are created from a query with criteria to input to and from dates which work however when I run the report it asks me to enter the dates about 15 times.

my questions is this... is there away I can link the criteria question so the I can just enter the date once?

apologies but new to access and I don't know what to do.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
In general you get pop ups when you put a parameter in you query, which can be seen in the difference between these two queries, the first one will return results immediately but the second will ask the user for input with a popup dialog:
select * from MyTable where ProductID = "P001"
select * from MyTable where ProductID = [Enter a Product ID]

for more info see:
Creating Parameter Queries | Database Solutions for Microsoft Access | databasedev.co.uk

Note that I prefer to specify parameter data types for all such parameters:
https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-reports-8209EB5C-1589-42E2-9B20-4181F4C7A356 (see the specify parameter data types section)

So your particular issue is likely that you have such a parameter in one of your queries. Being asked for input 15 times is, however, a lot. You may be invoking one query very many times.

You'll have to find that query (or those queries), and instead of using a parameter that requires user input in a dialog, you need to provide the date some other way. Probably the most common is to have the value in a form or report field that can be used by the query:
select * from MyTable where ProductID = [Forms]![MyForm]![txtProductID]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back