Name Change that does not change class

edscollects

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I have this document that I am inputting information on the Input tab. I am then performing different functions on each of the other tabs. On the input tab there are schools in column B and class names by year in most of the other columns. For each of the schools on the conf history I list each unique class name and the years in that class. In the Conf Output tab I list each class name and each school and year that has participated in that class. There is an occasion when the class name changes, much in the same way a woman changes their last name when they get married. I have these changes listed with the year on the Name Change tab. I need the Conf History and Conf Output to both not count those name changes as unique strings. An perfect example of this is in 2019 03IIAC changed its class name to 03AMRIV. Currently on those Conf History and Conf Output is showing both as different classes. I would like it to show only the newest class name and include all the former class name years and schools. I would greatly appreciate any help.

NCAA 5-1-23.xlsm

The only place that 01PAC10C is replaced by 01PAC12C would be on Conf History and Conf Output sheets only. On the Input sheet, it would still show 01PAC10C and 01PAC12C. On the conf history it would show only as 01PAC12C with all the dates for both 01PAC10C and 01PAC12C as it is just a name change.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back