neat solution required

dantheram

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all

I have a master xls file which contains data for a number of financial years. Each week a new file downloads, to a file location, which contains the latest entries and any changes to the pervious line entries. This sheet runs from a central database and query sizes are best kept to minimum, so I typically only return the current year's data.

My issue is that I would rather not have to keep opening the master and deleting all of the entries for the current year before pasting in the latest download, the simplest solution, running a complete master (for all years in question) each week is not viable as it places a large demand on the database. So, is there a quick way of getting excel to update the master file with the data in weekly download? I guess it would be a case of a macro to find all entries with year '2021/22', then delete, then open the download and copy and paste?

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Dan

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
I believe you will need to supply sample data for everything involved. We can't guess what you are working with so we need to see examples in order to offer a solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back