Need empty cells not to be seen as zero

linan

hello,

Id appreciate your help on the below.

Im creating a template for a quotation to use everytime we need it.

However the formula is supposed to multiply four cells by each other corresponding to units, rate and days and episodes.
My problem is that not all cells are filled in each row, sometimes its only unit by rate, and others unit by day.. which means one of the four cells is empty which excel is calculating as zero therefore giving me a zero answer given that it is always multiplied by zero.

I figured out an IF formula being =IF(D16>0,B16*C16*E16*D16,B16*C16*E16) but this only works if D16 is empty but not the others.. how can i have the same formula apply to either of the other cells being empty?

Thank you,

Lina

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
hello,

Id appreciate your help on the below.

Im creating a template for a quotation to use everytime we need it.

However the formula is supposed to multiply four cells by each other corresponding to units, rate and days and episodes.
My problem is that not all cells are filled in each row, sometimes its only unit by rate, and others unit by day.. which means one of the four cells is empty which excel is calculating as zero therefore giving me a zero answer given that it is always multiplied by zero.

I figured out an IF formula being =IF(D16>0,B16*C16*E16*D16,B16*C16*E16) but this only works if D16 is empty but not the others.. how can i have the same formula apply to either of the other cells being empty?

Thank you,

Lina

Can more than one of the cells be empty or is it just likely to be one?

Upvote 0
If only one will be empty at a time try this

Code:
=IF(B16=0,C16*D16*E16,IF(C16=0,B16*D16*E16,IF(D16=0,B16*C16*E16,IF(E16=0,B16*C16*D16,B16*C16*D16*E16))))

:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back