Need Help Combining Workbooks!!

dmontez

I have a data source the only allows me to download 500 listings at one time. I have created a marco to get all of the data but them am left with about 80 workbooks of info that i need to be in one sheet.

Thanks for any help on this one!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hello

This thread should get you started: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1768124

More specifically refer to post 4 and amend the code to suit. I would amend for you but you would need to specify the ranges being occupied in each of the 80 files (i.e. sheet name if relevant and then which columns and cells are occupied with needed content).

Change the part that picks up only row 10 to your specific range. Also, remove the bit that checks that the file name contains "invoice". Make sure that your 80 files are housed in a single folder (with no other files housed within it), and change fldPath to the path of that particular folder.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
THANKS! When i download the data it is automatically saved as a CSV and then given a name by the computer. "bensonka1.csv_20090113_135428.csv" so basically the date and a random number it looks like. This also changes the sheet name to that same name everytime so all 80 workbooks have different sheet names.

The columns i need are A thru CO. The rows occupied change from download to download but are never more than 1000.

Upvote 0
Hello again

Copy this code to a new module in whatever workbook you choose to consolidate the data into (a new workbook if you prefer). You need to have a blank sheet open when you run the code. It will rename the blank sheet "Raw Data" so it assumes that you do not already have a sheet with this name.

This code will only pick up all .csv files in fldPath. Make sure you change this path to reflect the full path to the folder that houses the .csv files that you want to consolidate. Make sure that the folder does not house other .csv files that you do not want to consolidate.

I suggest that if you are consolidating this into an existing workbook then please make a copy of the workbook as a back-up.

Here is the code:

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> ConsolidateWB()<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Application<br>    .ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br>    .EnableEvents = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> fso <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Object</SPAN>, fld <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Object</SPAN>, fil <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Object</SPAN>, fldPath <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">String</SPAN>, wbSrc <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Workbook, wbCur <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Workbook<br><br>fldPath = "C:\Excel\Files\" <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'<------change to location where your files are stored</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> wbCur = ActiveWorkbook<br>ActiveSheet.Name = "Raw Data"<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> fld = fso.getfolder(fldPath)<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">On</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Error</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">GoTo</SPAN> ErrHandler<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Each</SPAN> fil <SPAN style="color:#00007F">In</SPAN> fld.Files<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> InStr(LCase(fil.Name), ".csv") > 0 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> wbSrc = Application.Workbooks.Open(fil.Path)<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> wbSrc.Sheets(1)<br>                .Range("A2:CO" & .Range("CO" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Copy wbCur.Sheets("Raw Data").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>            wbSrc.Close <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> fil<br><br><br>ErrHandler:<br>Application.EnableEvents = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br><br>End <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back