need help

bam12

I need some help with this but not sure how to explain it

I have to check a cell to see if ti has a date in it, if so , then i have to check the current date to another cell, if the current date is greater then that cell i want to change the color of the cell

Not sure what formula to use

Hi I am a bit confused now. I thought you wanted to check the date in the cell against todays date and then change the cell colour if your date was was beyond todays date. i.e. it would be green if date was 1st Aug etc.

With conditional formatting you do not put the value in the cell but in the conditional formatting box. I can't appear to insert a pic so if you look at sthack99,s post where it says Formula IS with an arrow next to it click on the arrow and select cell value is, two other boxes will then appear to the right (where the single formula box is) in the first 1 select the condition and in the second place =TODAY(). As I mentioned though I think you will need 2 conditions (use the add button to get another one up) for the normal state.

Once conditional formatting is set it will only work when you place a date in the appropriate cell the formatting will then either remain as is or change depending on the date entered

Regards
Richard

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Just try what I am suggesting as I explained before TODAY () is a standard excel function that picks up todays date

Upvote 0
It worked for me. Remember, don't enter the formula directly in the cell. Use it in conditional formatting, and only in column H, making sure the cell references match the row each cell is on.

Upvote 0
more

i appreciate all th ehelp i got with this. I got it working somewhat, the way I want

Was wondering if i can check column I to see if it has date in it and if so not to do the conditional formatting

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hagia_sofia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back