need Macro to delete entire rows that are blank in col B only

skyport

need Macro to delete entire rows that are blank in col B only but leave all other rows untouched.

can someone please help me with this?

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Hi Skyport,

That's excellent! I'm glad that I was able to help.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0
Hope to see you again here in the future. People like yourself make this forum the great place that it is with all the sharing of ideas.

Upvote 0
Hello Skyport,

Thanks for the kind words. I have a few posts up and drop in when time permits.
Always something to learn here.

Thanks again.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0
Regarding Hiker, he and I go back years as he gave a wonderful solution to one of the first problems I posted on this form and as done again and again time after time with always great results in the end. However, for some reason I can not get this one to work either. One thing for sure, by his visual illustrations in post number 17, he clearly and totally sees exactly what we are trying to accomplish. I will say this, that I am not able to control other random data that may exist in other cells which may tend to exist and is also why I stated earlier that we needed to make the function based simply around column B although I cannot imagine if we properly do that, random data in other cells would have any effect in stopping this from functioning. Examples of the other types of data really can't be illustrated because it may always be different and should not be relative if the function of the code is based only on whether there is data in the cells of column B or not. Then maybe that's an error in my thinking but I don't know how to get around that. Once again, the concept that Hiker illustrated is exactly what the result should be based on the example of the data he showed. What he showed was very simply that if there was no data in a particular cell within column B, it would eliminate that entire row. That is precisely the goal. It is obviously working for two of you but not for me and I don't understand that I am sorry to say.

skyport,

Thanks for the feedback.

You are very welcome. Glad I could help.

And, come back anytime.

Upvote 0
I want to thank each of you once again for trying to help me. I love this forum because it not only helps with solutions but helps those providing the solutions to learn more and be even better. For this reason I like to try to give as much feedback as I can.

DushiPunda - as I mentioned earlier on your code I did not receive any specific error message but nothing just seemed to result from it and I have no idea why because as I mentioned earlier I pasted the code exactly in the module and the way you gave it to me.

Regarding Hiker, he and I go back years as he gave a wonderful solution to one of the first problems I posted on this form and as done again and again time after time with always great results in the end. However, for some reason I can not get this one to work either. One thing for sure, by his visual illustrations in post number 17, he clearly and totally sees exactly what we are trying to accomplish. I will say this, that I am not able to control other random data that may exist in other cells which may tend to exist and is also why I stated earlier that we needed to make the function based simply around column B although I cannot imagine if we properly do that, random data in other cells would have any effect in stopping this from functioning. Examples of the other types of data really can't be illustrated because it may always be different and should not be relative if the function of the code is based only on whether there is data in the cells of column B or not. Then maybe that's an error in my thinking but I don't know how to get around that. Once again, the concept that Hiker illustrated is exactly what the result should be based on the example of the data he showed. What he showed was very simply that if there was no data in a particular cell within column B, it would eliminate that entire row. That is precisely the goal. It is obviously working for two of you but not for me and I don't understand that I am sorry to say.
Are the cells actually blank or do you have formulas in the cells that produce a vbNull ("") that appears to be blank? Makes a big difference.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ASBeard

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back