need some quick help for a work project

cirix20

I am trying to even see if this is possible. I am familiar with excel but not an expert just general work use. I have an excel with a list of 18 names in column A and column b has yes or no and i want c1 for example to list the names in column A that have a no in column b. Either together in the same cell separated by commas for transposed across C D E F etc.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
@Sgdva, that is a good solution but if you aren't good at Excel it may be kind of tricky.

@cirix20, is this something you do all the time so you need an automated solution or do you just need to do this once?

Upvote 0
I'll save you the time to google Lookupconcat function

So I installed the UDF in the Module.

I am still having some trouble, it looks like the example in the link he is looking for Asia Pacific to be shown

My column A has Names and D the Yes or No

Name Completed No's
bob Yes Sue, George
sue No
George No
jeff yes

=LookUpConcat("NO",Sheet2!A6:A16,Sheet2!D6:D16,",")

cell comes up blank, not sure where I am going wrong

Upvote 0
@Sgdva, that is a good solution but if you aren't good at Excel it may be kind of tricky.

@cirix20, is this something you do all the time so you need an automated solution or do you just need to do this once?

in reality we have 18 location that report data on excel

I rolled all of the data into one network wide excel for reporting so everything is already linked over.

once I place the formula in the cell for each area I want it to report the people that had no's it will auto update based on the data that gets entered

Upvote 0
So I installed the UDF in the Module.

I am still having some trouble, it looks like the example in the link he is looking for Asia Pacific to be shown

My column A has Names and D the Yes or No

Name Completed No's
bob Yes Sue, George
sue No
George No
jeff yes

=LookUpConcat("NO",Sheet2!A6:A16,Sheet2!D6:D16,",")

cell comes up blank, not sure where I am going wrong

I got it to work. I have the ranges backwards. thanks it worked great

Upvote 0
Is it possible to do a If statement and the lookupconcat together.

for example- i tried my hand at it and got a #value in the result cell

=IF(S24=B18,LookUpConcat(Sheet2!$D$6:$D$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,","),IF(S24=F18,LookUpConcat(Sheet2!$H$6:$H$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,","),IF(S24="J18",LookUpConcat(Sheet2!$L$6:$L$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,","),IF(S24="N18",LookUpConcat(Sheet2!$P$6:$P$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,",")))))

Upvote 0
Is it possible to do a If statement and the lookupconcat together.

for example- i tried my hand at it and got a #value in the result cell

=IF(S24=B18,LookUpConcat(Sheet2!$D$6:$D$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,","),IF(S24=F18,LookUpConcat(Sheet2!$H$6:$H$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,","),IF(S24="J18",LookUpConcat(Sheet2!$L$6:$L$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,","),IF(S24="N18",LookUpConcat(Sheet2!$P$6:$P$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,",")))))
You are missing what it going to concate
Quoting your message when it worked
LookUpConcat("NO",Sheet2!A6:A16,Sheet2!D6:D16,",") vs IF(S24=B18,LookUpConcat(Sheet2!$D$6:...
Do you spot the "NO" missing at the beginning?

Upvote 0
found my error after posting, i didnt include the "No", part of the lookupconcat

=IF(S24=$B$18,LookUpConcat("No",Sheet2!$D$6:$D$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,","),IF(S24=$F$18,LookUpConcat("No",Sheet2!$H$6:$H$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,","),IF(S24=$J$18,LookUpConcat("No",Sheet2!$L$6:$L$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,","),IF(S24=$N$18,LookUpConcat("No",Sheet2!$P$6:$P$16,Sheet2!$A$6:$A$16,",")))))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bastbog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back