Need to generate list of names based on criteria

farqual

So i am trying to make a list that will ultimately be used to keep track of data from 5 different locations. I have generated the data fields and made a reports / totals page and all of that works so far. I am doing this for a tournament and need to divide up the competitors.

there is a tab i made called tigers that i need to query all location pages K2:N91 and give a result of names from cells corresponding to the same row using only column E-J.

Example If there is student name Parent Phone..... Division 1 Division 2 etc....
Adam Adams Bob 909 888 7777 TT Forms TT Sparring

would want it to report on the tigers sheet

TT Forms

Adam Adams Bob 909 888 7777

and i would make another area to do the same with TT Sparring and all my categories though the whole list and make new result pages for Discovery, BBTI, BBTA, Jyo, Adult.

So thats problem one, Tried a few INDEX and Vlookup functions but have been unsuccessful so far.

Next challenge will to be to sort all participants from all the lists into groups of 4 and have them sorted so that the amount of people from the same location is minimal. ie. one from Towne Lake, one from Canton, one from smyrna, and one from Dacula. and have them sort as such from the list genorated. I will then take that list and have it populate and print to name lables with what divisions they will e in as well as time and ring to go to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9rwy2dniao03ij/Dragon Invitational Master List.xlsx

File is above.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I have tried to get =SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$7=$A$10,ROW($A$1:$A$7)),ROW(1:1)) to work but with no sucsess

Upvote 0
Now tried this to reference the Canton page ,.... still no luck

=INDEX(Canton!K2:P2,SMALL(IF(Canton!K2:N2=Tigers!B1,ROW(Canton!K2:N2)),ROW(Canton!A2:A2)),2)

I cant even get it to pull the data from one sheet, how am i going to get it to populate from all locations?? im willing to try and hash it out just need help to be pointed in the right direction. I feel like im on a snipe hunt ~_~

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HockeyBoi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back