Need VBA, this one is a challenge

skyport

Assuming source data are in cells in column A. Need to find all dates (format xx/xx/xx) in each of the cells in column A. Then choose only those dates that are proceeded by a comma then a space, no other dates to be included. Then place the LAST 10 characters proceeding the comma in a separate cell in column B and along side of that, the applicable date in column C. This should create a column in B of different 10 digit entries (one entry of 10 digits per each cell). Along side of that, there would be the list in column C of the dates.

Mr. Excel has never failed to find a solution for me in the past. My compliments always to those that help. Please help if you can. Thanks

Peter, Thanks for making me feel welcome back and looking beyond our shortcomings. Suppose that what makes the great moderation. Take care of those gorgeous birds coming to the back yard down there. :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back