NOT(ISBLANK()) partially working

MrDarcy

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Alright here is what I'm doing.
I have 4 worksheets, the top being a cover sheet
Using conditional formatting I want a range of cells on the front page to highlight if the corresponding cell on one of the other cells is filled in.
On the front sheet I'm using the following (or something similar):
=NOT(ISBLANK(Sheet3!C4:C9))
The formula is working in some columns but doesn't work for the values in the C and D columns on the front sheet.
I moved the formula calling the same cells but in the A and B columns and it works correctly.
Can anyone explain why the formula is not working in the C & D columns and how to fix it?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
The data for the other sheets is a date, but I've tested with numbers and characters as well.
No error but the associated cells will not format (highlighting) or they will not remove the highlight when you delete the data in the other cell.

Upvote 0
Try it like
Excel Formula:
=Sheet3!C4<>""

Upvote 0
Try it like
Excel Formula:
=Sheet3!C4<>""
Okay can you explain to me why that works in these particular columns where the other formula didn't?
Yes that seems to have resolved the issue

Upvote 0
Okay can you explain to me why that works in these particular columns where the other formula didn't?
Yes that seems to have resolved the issue
I spoke too soon, it resolved 1 section but still having the same issue with data from a different sheet. Yes, I updated it and cleared the old formula.

Upvote 0
I can't think of a reason why that formula wouldn't work. Try doing a 'clear all' for the cells in C4:C9...there may be something odd with those cells.

Upvote 0
I've cleared the cells about 5 times and re-re-re-re-done the various formulas. It seems to be working at the moment, but I don't like not knowing what is going on.
Thanks for the thoughts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back