Not printing color-filled cells unless the color is black

Kobra Kai

My work spreadsheets have alternating ligtht-red and yellow-filled rows, one black-filled row and two black-filled columns. I have tried to use the /Page Layout/Page Setup/Sheet/Black and White route....the colors do not print, but neither does the black-filled row and columns, which is part of the sheet template my boss set up.
I have to print a sheet for each day of the month and I was wondering if there is a setting that will not print the color-filled rows but would print the black-filled rows and columns? Presently, after the data is entered in the cells, I manually remove the cell shading I do not want printed and then print. This is time-consuming when you have 30 or so sheets to print out at the beginning of each month before data is entered.
On my home HP deskjet printer I can choose to print in "black and white" in printer options and it does fine. But at work, where these sheets will be generated, we have a HP Color LaserJet CP3525 and the print black and white option is not available. Can print in grayscale which also is not acceptable as the colored cells print with a gray background.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back