Number of overlapping working days with table date ranges

trishcollins

I have a table "Resource_Assignments" that list resources and projects they are working on. Resources can have multiple project assignments (one assignment per row), and there is a potential for overlapping dates. Each project has a start date and end date. I am able to calculate the number of projects where the resource has overlapping days, but I need to calculate the following:

Total number of overlapping "working" days for each resource for a particular project assignment
Number of remaining overlapping "working" days for each resource based on today's date "today()" for a particular project assignment

Column names are "Resource" "Start Date" "Estimated End Date" "Today's Date"

I have searched and have not been able to find a similar formula anywhere. I can do this in VBA, so if but prefer to do it in a formula if possible.

Can anyone help?

Trish :)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Mike Girvin could probably figure out a set of cell functions to accomplish the task, but I'm not seeing any non-VBA solutions. You could have all rows calculate off a single static date, but to have each row calculate off a range of dates is stumping me as well. The closest solution I can see is building a UDF for that purpose.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I was avoiding VBA, just trying to keep it simple, but if anyone wants to write some code for me, I would be happy to implement it :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back