Office Scheduling

I2omani

Board Regular
Hi folks,
I have a question but don't know how to go start about it?

I am looking to build a excel to schedule 5 employees, were they rotate thru ON-CALL, Night shift and regular shift.

for ON-CALL(one week period): it start 5:00pm -11:00pm Mon - Fri and all day Sat and all day Sun until 11:00pm.

for Night shift(2 weeks period): starts on Sun 11:00pm - 7:30am. ends on Fri 7:30am and off SAT.

there is 2 regular shifts(2 weeks period), Mon - Fri one start from 6:00am - 3:00pm. and the other shift starts from 8:00am - 5:00pm.

each shift is 2 weeks period per person.
e.g:
employee 1 start Mon-Fri at 6:00am. this is his 1st 6:00-3:00 shift(for two weeks), then after 2 weeks of 6-3 he starts his 2nd 6:00-3:00 shift. and then he rotates to the 8:00-5:00 shift. 1st and 2nd. then rotates into Night shift 1st and 2nd!

p.s: Employee 1 will only get ON-CALL on his 1st 8:00-5:00 shift and on his last 8:00-5:00 shift. this way it will eliminate them being ON-CALL while on night shift

Thank you so in advance

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi folks,
I have a question but don't know how to go start about it?

I am looking to build a excel to schedule 5 employees, were they rotate thru ON-CALL, Night shift and regular shift.

for ON-CALL(one week period): it start 5:00pm -11:00pm Mon - Fri and all day Sat and all day Sun until 11:00pm.

for Night shift(2 weeks period): starts on Sun 11:00pm - 7:30am. ends on Fri 7:30am and off SAT.

there is 2 regular shifts(2 weeks period), Mon - Fri one start from 6:00am - 3:00pm. and the other shift starts from 8:00am - 5:00pm.

each shift is 2 weeks period per person.
e.g:
employee 1 start Mon-Fri at 6:00am. this is his 1st 6:00-3:00 shift(for two weeks), then after 2 weeks of 6-3 he starts his 2nd 6:00-3:00 shift. and then he rotates to the 8:00-5:00 shift. 1st and 2nd. then rotates into Night shift 1st and 2nd!

p.s: Employee 1 will only get ON-CALL on his 1st 8:00-5:00 shift and on his last 8:00-5:00 shift. this way it will eliminate them being ON-CALL while on night shift

Thank you so in advance
18 views and not a single help :LOL:can this even be done ?! lol

Upvote 0
This isn't fundamentally an Excel question.
It's a question about how to set up shift patterns, which you can do any number of ways.
If you can be more specific about how exactly you intend to use Excel in this application, and what specifically you are having problems with, then you may get more help.
Good luck !

Upvote 0
This isn't fundamentally an Excel question.
It's a question about how to set up shift patterns, which you can do any number of ways.
If you can be more specific about how exactly you intend to use Excel in this application, and what specifically you are having problems with, then you may get more help.
Good luck !

Thank you for your quick reply, i didn't know what to use thats why i asked here, so gurus like your self could help me :)

to be honest with you, i have been thinking about it the whole day , and i can't figure the shift patterns!

i would like to plug in my employees name and excel magic will populate the pattern in the original post. that being said , if i put someone's name in excel will check if that person worked that shift already.

thank you in advance

i need suggestions , so i could start building this up.

Question: maybe i could have it setup were i could plug in everyone availability and have excel generate the schedule!!:rolleyes: thats it , that is what i want! but how do i do that

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back