Omit forms button functions from sheet protection

Bob Hustead

Hello,

Earlier today I posted a question, but thought I might not have described the situation that well. I would be glad to post or email my spreadsheet if it would help in answering the question.

By the way, you guys really helped me out with some forms button issues a couple of years ago and I am still making good use of the buttons and macros!

I have forms buttons with macros that will not function if I protect the worksheet, even if I only protect contents. In reading through the help files that came with Excel, it sounds like the problem might be that the macros hide or expose cells. sheet protection seems to prohibit this.

I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thank you,

Bob Hustead

Thanks pennysaver!

Before you wrote, I hadn't noticed what version of Excel was on that particular machine. I loaded a newer version, popped in your code, altered the protection options and all is well :LOL:

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Well, I thought I had this resolved but there is still a problem.

I tried placing the code in the sheet and then also in the workbook.

The code works but as soon as I click on any of the togglehide buttons, the cell is locked again for adding comments or highlighting, etc.

If I close and reopen the document, it reopens unlocked. I was wondering if I could email the spreadsheet along with an explanation of what I want to accomplish, so you guys could see what mistake I am making. Would that be possible?

Thank you,

Bob Hustead

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buikhanhsang

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back