Option Button

ExcelUser87

I have not been able to find the answer to my questions yet and im not exactly sure how to describe it so i will use an example below.

I am using a form to populate multiple sheets in a file. and example of two different groups of Option buttons and Check boxes i am currently using is below.

Activity Group (Check Boxes)
A B C D E

Section Group (Option Button)
1 2 3 4

Currently my code reads like this:
If A And 1 = True Then
Range("C3").Select
End If

However the problem i am facing is that C3 is selected even if A and 2 are selected or if B and 1 are selected.

How do i make it clear that only if BOTH A and 1 are selected together can C3 be selected?

Thanks!!

Complementing previous post

Try this

If Me.CheckBoxA.Value = True And Me.OptionButton1.Value = True Then
Range("C3").Select
MsgBox "*** Range C3 Selected ***"
End If

And see what happens.

M.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Yes, this is only one section of the code. before this i have code with If statements populating multiple sheets before this all from the same Userform.

but i havent had any issues with any of the other code.

Upvote 0
This function wil return the (possibly discontinous) range indicated by the users choice of Activity Group(s) and Selection Group.
Code:
Function IndicatedRange() As Range
    Dim destinationRange As Range
    Dim rOffset As Long, cOffset As Long
    Dim ActivityGroupControls As Variant
    Dim SelectionGroupControls As Variant

Rem adjust
    Set destinationRange = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C3")
    ActivityGroupControls = Array(CheckBox1, CheckBox2, CheckBox3, CheckBox4, CheckBox5)
    SelectionGroupControls = Array(OptionButton1, OptionButton2, OptionButton3, OptionButton4)

Set destinationRange = destinationRange.Resize(UBound(SelectionGroupControls) + 1, UBound(ActivityGroupControls) + 1)

For rOffset = 0 To UBound(SelectionGroupControls)
        If SelectionGroupControls(rOffset) Then Exit For
    Next rOffset

If UBound(SelectionGroupControls) < rOffset Then
        Rem no Selection Group Selected
    Else
        Set IndicatedRange = destinationRange.Parent.Cells(Rows.Count, Columns.Count)
        For cOffset = 0 To UBound(ActivityGroupControls)
            If ActivityGroupControls(cOffset) Then
                Set IndicatedRange = Application.Union(IndicatedRange, destinationRange.Cells(1, 1).Offset(rOffset, cOffset))
            End If
        Next cOffset

Set IndicatedRange = Application.Intersect(IndicatedRange, destinationRange)

End If
End Function
It can be used like this.
Note that using the For Each construct removes the need to test if IndicatedRange Is Nothing.
Code:
Dim incrimenter as Double
incrimenter = 1: Rem dummy test value

Dim oneCell as range

For Each oneCell in IndicatedRange
    oneCell.Value = Val(CStr(oneCell.Value)) + Incrimenter
Next oneCell

If IndicatedRange is Nothing Then
    MsgBox "not properly selected"
Else
    MsgBox IndicatedRange.Address & " indicated by check/option buttons."
End If

Upvote 0
wow, thanks. unfortunetly i have no idea what this means and therefore i have no idea how to use it.

youve been a lot of help so far so i hate to keep bothering you but do you think you can explain your code to me a little?

Upvote 0
The function should go in the userform's code module.

This section assigns your destination Range (adjust the sheet name etc to match your situation).
It also makes two arrays of controls. One is an array of the checkboxes that indicate Activity Group, the other is an array of the Option Buttons for Selection Group.
Code:
    Rem adjust
    Set destinationRange = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C3")
    ActivityGroupControls = Array(CheckBox1, CheckBox2, CheckBox3, CheckBox4, CheckBox5)
    SelectionGroupControls = Array(OptionButton1, OptionButton2, OptionButton3, OptionButton4)

From previous posts, the row of the destination cell(s) depends on which one of the OptionButtons is selected. Looping through the option buttons and testing if that optionbutton's .Value is True will indicate the rOffset to apply.

To determing which columns are being used, the cOffset loop loops through CheckBoxes. If a checkbox is checked (CheckBox.Value = True) then the indicated cell is added to the IndicatedRange.

Because of the way that Union operates, IndicatedRange is initialized with a cell that is well outside the table range.
The cOffset loop adds cells that are in the table's range to IndicatedRange.
Finally, IndicatedRange is Intersected with the whole DestinationRange (the range of the table) to strip off the initial (out of range) cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MedDash99

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back