Page number sheets when printing Entire Workbook

rdance

I am trying to find a way to print an "entire workbook", but have each of the sheets paged as a group separate from the rest. One workbook typically has up to 20 sheets, with each sheet up to roughly 8 pages. I need each sheet set to show page 1 of 8 or page 5 of 8, not page 22 of 53. Counting and typing in the total number of pages in each sheet's footer is too cumbersome. Also, printing each sheet individually has also been cumbersome when printing to PDF. Are there any other ways to have the "&[Pages]" function only reflect the number of pages within the sheet instead of in the entire workbook?

Hi Peter,

What if I want to show my name in the header or footer for each sheet every time I print. What will be the code?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
What if I want to show my name in the header or footer for each sheet every time I print. What will be the code?
Why do you need code? Couldn't you just manually put your name in the header of each sheet?

Upvote 0
Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the reply.. The code was already given to me by Mr. VoG, Thank you so much for your time. :):):)

Regards.

Upvote 0
Hi Peter,
Thanks. It worked. You are great! Only thing that I had to do extra was selecting all sheets first and then only pasting the code in 'View Code'.

REgards,
Tashi

Upvote 0
If you refer my last second post (posted on 15th Fenruary), after the 4th step I have right clicked on one of the tab of a sheet and clicked on "select all sheets"......then continue with rest of the steps.

Hope that is clear.

Upvote 0
I am experiencing two issues:
first, the workbook won't print in one go. After a few pages, it prints a page that says

error:invalidfond
OFFENDING COMMAND:xshow
STACK:
[43,34,37... ETC]

Print the whole workbook in pdf and print from there to quickly resolve this.

Second problem is, like the above poster, that i wish each every page of a worksheet to be numbered 1 of x in the header, but I wish to keep x of 114 in the footer (where 114 is the entire workbook number of pages). Is there anyway to do this?

Thank you!

Upvote 0
I am unable to get this working on excel 2010. Is there anything different that I have to do for excel 2010 from 2007?

Upvote 0
I am unable to get this working on excel 2010. Is there anything different that I have to do for excel 2010 from 2007?
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

There have been a number of slightly different requirements posted during this thread so it isn't clear which one you are talking about. Please spell out accurately what you have and what you are trying to achieve.

Upvote 0
I am quite literally trying to do the exact same thing as ttobgye. I have gone through his same steps and even went through his fixes and yours. I was just wondering if there is anything different I have to do since I am using excel 2010.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back