Page Set Up Puzzle

chinaplate

I am trying to figure out how to print a *portion* of a column on each page.

I am able to enter page set up, select the sheet tab, and then select a full column or row to print on each page (via the "columns to repeat at left" box).

However, I want only a portion of the column to print on each page. That is, I have a title and some notes that begin in B2 and go to E2 and I have
a series of brands that begin in B4 and go to B14. I would like the B4-B14 portion to appear on each page but not the few words that fall in B2.

I have tried typing B4:B12 in the columns to repeat box but this is automatically changed to $B$B.

Is there a solution to my problem or will need to manually copy my column header to each page?

THANK YOU in advance.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Have you tried entering 4:14 in the "Rows to repeat" box on the "Sheet" set up page?

I just tried that and am still getting the text in B2 showing up on each page.

Someone just told me that the answer is to move my text but I can't believe that there is no solution!

Upvote 0
In addition to putting 4:14 in rows to repeat, you need to remove the B:B in columns to repeat, else Excel will repeat the entire B column. From your post, it's ROWS you want to repeat, NOT COLUMNS.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back